My client provides asset and liability management services to the Irish Government. It has evolved from a single function agency managing the National Debt to a manager of a complex portfolio of public assets and liabilities. They are now looking for a Senior Investment Manager to join their Scaling Indigenous Businessteam.
The Scaling Indigenous Businesses team is responsible for one of ISIF’s four core impact themes. It is a key part of the overall team that manages ISIF’s assets and drives their double bottom line impact. Its portfolio of responsibility is wide and varied and the team’s performance, economic impact and risk characteristics make a significant contribution to those of the total ISIF portfolio.
The Scaling Indigenous Businesses team’s goal is to support the growth and scaling of Irish companies across all sectors and all stages of growth with appropriate funding options. It executes against this goal by:
· Making direct investments in ambitious companies with characteristics that will deliver both aspects of ISIF’s double bottom line mandate.
· Making commitments to fund platforms, including growth equity, private equity and debt, that can similarly support the growth and scaling of Irish companies.
The capital invested by the Scaling Indigenous Businesses team is differentiated by its long investment horizon, the flexibility with which it can be structured, and its ability to fund larger transactions. Flexibility and adaptability are core tenets of team, noting the highly bespoke nature of many of its activities.
The Senior Investment Analyst role sits within the Scaling Indigenous Businesses team and reports to the Senior Investment Director. It will have a high level of investment exposure from the outset. The successful candidate can expect to work on many types of transactions ranging from direct equity or debt investments in scaling indigenous companies, to making and structuring investments in private equity, venture capital and credit funds. The Senior Investment Analyst’s role involves contributing to significant components of a particular transaction, working with other analysts, managers and directors. This may involve any or all of the elements involved in managing an investment throughout its’ full lifecycle from origination to investment structuring, negotiation, diligence and deal completion. It may also include involvement in post-closing elements involved in managing a diverse portfolio of investments until eventual exit. All of this occurs in an environment with multiple internal and external stakeholders where strong project management and communications skills are imperative to delivering successful outcomes.
Recognising the dynamic nature of the ISIF mandate, many of these responsibilities may change in relative importance in response to market conditions over time, and the successful candidate will be required to remain flexible to potentially apply their skills to other types of investment, outside of their core areas of responsibility, from time to time.
The Senior Investment Analyst will demonstrate a strong mix of technical, commercial and financial proficiency, backed up with 4+ years of experience in private equity, corporate finance, transaction services, investment banking, family office or similar environment.
The Senior Investment Analyst will be required to:
· Contribute to best-in-class commercial analysis, as well as adherence to ISIF’s legal, risk, economic impact and ESG requirements.
· Contribute to significant elements of new transactions as well as various portfolio management activities.
· Support deal teams in negotiations with a wide range of third parties.
· Set scope of analysis, organising external advisors as required while project managing investments through the ISIF Investment process and working with all relevant stakeholders.
· Produce very high quality and impactful papers and presentations.
· Communicate with impact and clarity at senior levels to internal and external stakeholders.
· Contribute to origination activities that identify appropriate transactions that can deliver commercial return and economic impact.
· Work efficiently and constructively with other Investment Analysts, Managers and Directors across the full range of the Fund’s investment activities.
· Contribute to on-going process improvement initiatives.
· Maintain flexibility to adapt in recognition of the dynamic nature of ISIF’s activities.
Skills and Experience
· Experience structuring and managing debt and equity investments, as well as familiarity with fund structures.
· Prior exposure to different sectors, with an ability to rapidly become knowledgeable in a particular sector.
· Strong communication skills – written, verbal, presentation, persuasion – and comfortable interacting with senior counterparties.
· Experienced and competent negotiator.
· Diligent, high attention to detail, self-motivated, a clear and independent thinker.
· A flexible team player.
· Personal characteristics of integrity, discipline, curiosity and resilience.
· Have a third level degree in a relevant area – finance, accounting, economics, engineering, or equivalent. An advanced degree and/or professional qualification is also helpful.
· Demonstrate experience in corporate finance to include structuring equity, debt and fund investments as well as other related areas.
· Have 4+ years of relevant experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate.The role is based in Dublin 1, offers hybrid working and comes with an attractive salary.If you are interested in putting your CV forward for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01 7038840